Karma Community

Karma - wallet

Offline rmcgonegal

• +0/-0
  • Karma Sweeper
Karma - wallet
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:08:17 am »
Trying to get Karma Wallet to sync - get the "No Block Source available" message.
- Have added a karma.conf file to my AppData\Roaming\Karma directory on my Windows 7 machine
- in karma.conf have added all of the "working nodes" I could find on google, like
          addnode=altcoin.dk:9432
          addnode=altcoin.dk:9436
- Have forwarded ports 9432-9436/TCP in the firewall to the machine running Karma

In debug.log I see
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
0 addresses found from DNS seeds

and a bunch of the following for the nods added in karma.conf
trying connection 173.255.198.9:9432 lastseen=199.5hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 37.251.42.238:9432 lastseen=373239.3hrs
connection timeout

I have Armory - Bitcoin wallet running on the same machine with no issues

Any assistance would be great - thx!!
rick

Offline KarmaWho

• +0/-0
  • "Actions and Reactions"
Re: Karma - wallet
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 05:40:32 am »
yeah, its a known issue caused by our magic number which was not really unique.

more info : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg12391031#msg12391031

how to see the conflicting affect: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/#!network

immediate fix: Do nothing. As your wallet is still functional. it can receive and send coins normally. What happens the wallet sees those other network nodes and goes out of sync for a very short short time. then it rejects those nodes. But then again sees other nodes. If you read your log. you will see a lot of disconnects.

long fix: redownload the blockchain. but this won't guarantee your node will not connect to out of network nodes and go back to same status:

Karma code fix : Either a soft fork or Hard fork will be needed. At this time there is no one really working on this. sorry.
      soft fork : fix this problem by changing the pchmessage characters to unique ones(not used by others)
      hard fork: Do the above but also change/improve/add/remove some features of the current code.